ADULT CARE MANAGER
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Niagara Falls
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, CORE
- Bachelor Degree preferred, minimum of Associate’s Degree in Social Work or related field required.
- Minimum of 1-2 years specialized training and experience with SPMI or mentally disabled population; experience with linkage and coordination of community services and emergency services; experience in substance abuse treatment valued.
- Valid NYS driver’s license
- Use of personal vehicle during work hours.
- Clearance of the NYS Justice Center Requirements: Staff Exclusion List (SEL), NYS State Central Registry for Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR), Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Provides direct care management contacts to consumers
- Maintains consistent and on-going contact with consumers and families while fulfilling unit of service expectations and working on their treatment plan goals with clients
- Conducts initial intake interview and needs assessment to determine treatment goals
- Prepares professionally accurate and updated case documentation
- Prepares statistical and administrative reports on a timely basis
- Provides regular, supportive client contact; emotional support; daily living counseling; legal advocacy; financial counseling; representation regarding rights and entitlements; education medical check-ups and prevention practices
- Facilitates linkage to appropriate services; coordination of hospitalization admission and discharge; mental health education to clients, families, and community
- Assures client linkages to services for 24 hour coverage
- Establishes working relationships with referral sources and other related service agencies
- Reviews current practices to advocate for change when needed, particularly those needed by families and minority populations
- Teams with billing staff to ensure client active Medicaid status and accurate, complete client billing
- Meets with Program Supervisor on a regular, planned basis
- Performs other duties as assigned by Administration
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn D. Carella – HR Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: