ADULT CARE MANAGER
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related field. Minimum of 1-2 years specialized training and experience with SPMI or mentally disabled population; experience with linkage and coordination of community services and emergency services; experience in substance abuse treatment valued. Valid NYS driver’s license. Use of personal vehicle during work hours.
• Provides direct care management contacts to consumers.
• Maintains consistent and on-going contact with consumers and families while fulfilling unit of service expectations and working on their treatment plan goals with clients.
• Conducts initial intake interview and needs assessment to determine treatment goals.
• Prepares professionally accurate and updated case documentation.
• Prepares statistical and administrative reports on a timely basis.
• Provides regular, supportive client contact; emotional support; daily living counseling; legal advocacy; financial counseling; representation regarding rights and entitlements; education medical check-ups and prevention practices.
• Facilitates linkage to appropriate services; coordination of hospitalization admission and discharge; mental health education to clients, families, and community.
• Assures client linkages to services for 24 hour coverage.
• Establishes working relationships with referral sources and other related service agencies.
• Reviews current practices to advocate for change when needed, particularly those needed by families and minority populations.
• Teams with billing staff to ensure client active Medicaid status and accurate, complete client billing.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Care Management
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: