Child Enrichment Worker
LOCATION: Niagara Falls
REPORTS TO: Director of Passage Domestic Violence Services
The Child Enrichment Worker is responsible for supporting the agency initiative of enriching the children in services within our Domestic Violence program in addition to demonstrating knowledge of the mission and services of FACS.
- Associates Degree in Human Services preferred. High School diploma (or GED) required
- Position requires 8 hours per week with core responsibility Thursday 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Balance of 4 hours to be one set morning per week between 8:00 am to 1:00 pm (TBD based on program need with flexibility of worker)
- Knowledge of family violence dynamics and experience in working with children
- Ability to use Microsoft applications (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.), Internet/Intranet, web based databases. Understanding of the use of email in the workplace
- Provides safe and comfortable environment for children in residential and non-residential environment.
- Design and structure age appropriate topics and activities for children.
- Facilitate enrichment activities for children ages 4 and up.
- Provide child care for children under age 4.
- Assists with children’s groups with Domestic Violence Counselor when necessary.
- Provides light snacks for children.
- Light housekeeping duties after children’s activities.
- Participates actively in regularly scheduled supervision with Program Director.
- Supports residential staff in providing coverage (when needed) including answering general phone and domestic violence hotline calls, assessing needs and providing information to callers as necessary.
- Maintains thorough client files/statistics on a timely basis and documenting activities. Assists with information for reports to funding bodies.
- Communicates ideas on group effectiveness to Supervisor.
- Prepares professionally accurate and updated group notes for each client when necessary
- Implements FACS Policies and legal requirements
- Documents attendance and submits same to supervisor in a timely fashion.
- Job performed primarily in a shelter/residential setting and modern office building
- Occasional lifting (15 pounds or less)
- Occasional standing/sitting
- Moderate Stress
- Occasional PC/computer work
- Complies with all policies and procedure of FACS (including NASW Code of Ethics, Collective Bargaining Agreement, and corporate Compliance Policies) and all governmental and legal requirements.
- Subject to clearance of the Justice Center Requirements: Staff Exclusions List (SEL), NYS State Central Registry for Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR), and Criminal Background (fingerprinting)
- Attends and participates in appropriate agency staff trainings and meetings.
- Advocates for cultural diversity/sensitivity as appropriate
Disclaimer: The information contained in this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of this position.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn D. Carella – HR Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: