COMMUNITY ADVOCACY PROJECT COORDINATOR
Master’s in Social Work or Bachelor’s in Social Work with 3+ years direct service experience. Extensive related clinical knowledge of family issues including family violence. Experience in collaboration with community partners.
- Conducts interviews to assess client dynamics and implement treatment plans for family violence victims and their children. Evaluates service provided.
- Recruits and trains interns in the Community Advocacy Project philosophy.
- Provides ongoing supervision to interns, non-residential Group Facilitators and Child Enrichment Worker.
- Coordinates field placement with educational institution per agreed upon standards.
- Provides community advocacy and safety planning according to treatment plans to families residing in PASSAGE House and to families in their own homes.
- Instructs clients in advocacy and navigation skills through various community services.
- Actively engages and provides educational presentations on domestic violence and related topics to community agencies, businesses and organizations.
- Coordination of non-residential support groups.
- Actively engages and provides staff presentations on domestic violence .
- Possesses current knowledge of community referral resources for counseling, financial support, medical services/support, education/training, employment, housing, etc. for client referral and follow-up. Networks with other service providers to assist with client needs.
- Collaborates with community referral resources and facilitates linkages as appropriate
- Attends court and DSS proceedings for client advocacy as appropriate.
- Facilitates groups for either adult females and/or children from DV families to offer support and education on Domestic Violence.
- Coordinates with Passage House staff to respond to hotline calls, respond to emergent client needs, plan coverage of shelter/hotline for the day in order to ensure shelter safety and that client needs are met during daytime hours.
- Maintains thorough client files/statistics/client closings on a timely basis and documenting daily activities. Assists with information for reports to funding bodies.
- Educates the community at large regarding FACS agency services and PASSAGE Program services/DV educational material when requested or appropriate.
- Participates actively in regularly scheduled supervision with Program Director and participates actively with this process.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: