DIRECTOR OF PARENTING SERVICES
Master’s in Social Work or related field or Bachelor’s in Social Work or related field with at least three (3) years experience in direct service to multi-problem families. Minimum of two (2) years supervisory experience with administrative, grant writing and program budgeting experience preferred.
- Provides direct supervision to Healthy Families Niagara Supervisory staff, Program Assistant and FAW and FSW staff as necessary.
- Provides direct supervision to the Supervisor of Parent Empowerment Program.
- Ensures day to day program operation to meet the needs of clients, including maintaining quality staffing (hiring/progressive discipline practices/firing), overseeing record keeping, and ensuring routine program functioning.
- Executes fiscal responsibilities, including monthly DSS fiscal reports/vouchers, purchasing, and budgeting of program funds (with assistance of Director of Finance).
- Prepares HFNY annual funding application, quarterly narratives, budget modifications, final reports, and any other required documents.
- Prepares external reports as required by funding source and oversees Connections reporting.
- Supervises and directs staff on income generation through the Department of Social Services billing for the Parenting Contract as well as any additional contracts with partnering programs/agencies.
- Maintains regularly scheduled supervision with direct supervisees.
- Maintains ongoing collaboration with DSS funder and HFNY State partners, including attendance at Program Mangers Meetings to ensure that program meets all HFNY State mandates and remains alert to trends/needs in field.
- Oversees provision of and participates in (as appropriate) all required staff training. (HFNY core and wraparound training, etc.)
- Assists DSS in the planning, preparing, and facilitating of an Advisory Board.
- Oversees and conducts program promotions, including grant writing and fund raising with assistance from Director of Development and Communications.
- Assists in promoting HFN, PEP and the Agency through presentations on Agency services and Parenting Education.
- Works in conjunction with Director of Youth Services for coordination of client referrals where appropriate and parent education sessions at the CRIB.
- Works in conjunction with other Agency Program Directors and local service providers on mutual referrals.
- Conducts monthly program staff meetings.
- Prepares timely internal reports (Annual Work Plan and Quarterly/Six Month/Annual Reports) and United Way reports.
- Attends regular supervision meetings with Vice President and serves as active member of Agency Administrative Team by attending regularly scheduled meetings.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Administration.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Vice President of Programs
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: