FAMILY ASSESSMENT / FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Niagara Falls
REPORTS TO: Program Supervisor
- Experience working with children and knowledge of normal child growth and development required, in-home visiting with knowledge of community resources preferred.
- AAS in Human Services or related field preferred; High School Diploma or GED required.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and Registration
- Use of a personal vehicle
- Live near or in target area
- Available to families during non-typical work hours
Job Responsibilities Family Assessment Worker:
- Conducts interviews with parents prenatally or immediately after birth in the home to determine eligibility for the home visitation program while at the same time identifying other needs.
- Conducts and scores Kempe Assessments and enters them into the Management Information System.
- Refers to Healthy Families Niagara Home Visiting Program or other community resources as needed.
- Completes referral forms and all other forms or reports as necessary.
- Provides Community or Group presentations and outreach.
- Attends case conferences with Program Supervisors and Family Support Workers.
- Seeks out referrals from Health and Human Service Providers in the Community, assists in developing linkages with other community organizations, developing and implementing referral processes.
Job Responsibilities Family Support Worker:
- Initiates and maintains regular (weekly) and long-term (up to 5 years) contact/support with families.
- Visits with families primarily in their home for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Directs family-centered interventions which are strength-based and directed at establishing a trusting relationship.
- Assist families in strengthening the parent-child relationship.
- Assists families in improving the family support system.
- Increases the family’s ability to problem solve and assume the role of advocate for themselves and their children.
- Refers to other agencies, including health care and completes referral forms and other agency forms and reports as necessary; entering them into the Management Information System.
Job Responsibilities General:
- Assists with Program participant Support Groups, Parenting Classes, obtaining donations and any other projects assigned by your Supervisor.
- Performs other duties assigned by management.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn D. Carella – HR Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: