HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
Certification in Human Resources or Bachelor’s Degree required. Minimum of four (4) years prior experience in human resources including a minimum of two (2) years with administrative responsibilities. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Computer literate including experience with Microsoft Office applications and web-based applications. Strong organizational skills and ability to manage HR areas such as employment and labor law, collective bargaining, training.
• Reviews, issues, and updates HR policies and procedures for compliance with Federal, State, and local employment laws.
• Develops and updates as needed Human Resource manuals and handbooks.
• Administers disability policy, FMLA, COBRA, Workers’ Compensation, ACA compliance and other HR matters.
• Provides consultation to management on issues such as EEOC regulations, labor laws, ADA, Unemployment, Workers’ Compensation and other HR related matters.
• Monitors Agency disciplinary process to ensure actions are in accordance with Agency standards.
• Provides support and advice to management team in employee supervision techniques, coaching, progressive discipline, and other aspects of employee relations.
• Administers grievance process ensuring that Agency is in compliance with policy requirements.
• Coordinates the onboarding process of new employees.
• Facilitates Agency orientation for new employees and ensures mandatory training requirements are met.
• Maintains and monitors the ADP benefits module to track employee benefits.
• Participates in the development, review and administration of employee benefits package.
• Participates in the development, review, and administration of HR Information Systems.
• Develops constructive relationships and maintains ongoing communication with CSEA officers and representatives.
• Participates as lead Agency representative in collective bargaining process; consults with legal counsel as required.
• Coordinates management responsibilities in arbitration proceedings, human rights hearings, NLRB issues, unemployment and workers’ compensation hearings.
• Participates as the staff representative at the HR Committee of the Board of Directors, and reports on HR developments and progress against goals.
• Facilitates workplace safety requirements; chairs quarterly Safety Committee meetings; and reviews monthly safety reports and takes corrective action as necessary.
• Facilitates and communicates regular employee activities such as health and wellness activities, special employee events and employee recognition.
• Assists CEO as requested in reviewing Agency salary and benefit package.
• Conducts periodic employee satisfaction surveys.
• Consults with management team as requested regarding HR situations and issues.
• Provides advice and recommendations to CEO regarding HR liability exposure of the Agency.
• Participates in relevant professional training and updates knowledge to ensure Agency compliance with standards.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: