RELIEF CARE MANAGER
STATUS: Full Time
LOCATION: Niagara Falls
REPORTS TO: Supervisor, Care Management Services
- Bachelor Degree preferred, minimum of Associate’s Degree in Social Work or related field required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience with linkage and coordination of community services and emergency services; experience in substance abuse and mental health treatment valued.
- Valid NYS driver’s license and use of personal vehicle during work hours.
- Clearance of the NYS Justice Center Requirements: Staff Exclusion List (SEL), NYS State Central Registry for Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR), Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Responsible for covering cases when a Care Manager is on vacation, on disability, out sick or when a Care Manager is unavailable to meet with a client who is in crisis.
- Assists the Intake Care Manager with referrals and intakes; such as, but not limited to, taking referral calls, scheduling intake appointment, completing eligibility assessment (s), completing referral to the Health Home (s) or SPOA, conducting intake interviews and coordinating with referral source and providers.
- When appropriate, carries a small caseload of no more than 10-15 cases.
- Responsible for engaging care management consumers.
- Completes required paperwork during the time he or she is covering the case (s); such as, but not limited to, service plans, progress notes, assessments, and reports.
- Provides direct social work contact to consumers.
- Maintains consistent and on-going contact with individuals and service providers as needed to assist the consumer in meeting their goals.
- Establishes working relationships with other service agencies.
- Prepares professionally accurate and updated case documentation.
- Prepares statistical and administrative reports on a timely basis.
- Facilitates referral and linkage to appropriate services; coordination of hospitalization admission and discharge; health education to clients, families, and community.
- Ensures the client is linked to service for 24-hour coverage.
- Reviews current practices to advocate for change when needed, particularly those needed by families and minority populations.
- Meets with supervisor on a regular, planned basis and attends all program meetings as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Administration.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn D. Carella – HR Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: