RESIDENT CARE WORKER- CASEY HOUSE
LOCATION: Niagara Falls
REPORTS TO: Resident Care Coordinator
- High School Diploma or equivalency required
- Flexible schedule-minimum availability of 2 shifts per week overnights and weekends required
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and Registration
- Use of a personal vehicle
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for runaway and homeless youth in residence.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from the public, assesses crisis situations and takes appropriate action in a polite and welcoming manner.
- Conducts intakes and ensures that all admission procedures are completed in a thorough and legible manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client information, identity, and documentation.
- Introduces and orients youth to all residential procedures including HIV/AIDS precautions, child abuse recourse, fire safety, resident guidelines and other assigned tasks.
- Sustains punctuality and consistency in reporting for scheduled work shifts.
- Provides shift coverage if requested across all Runaway Homeless Youth (RHY) programs at the discretion of management.
- Maintains awareness of the whereabouts and safety of all youth in residence at Casey House at all times.
- Supervises and conducts recreational activities for youth in residence.
- Refers youth to case manager for any life planning/emotional issues.
- Performs the completion of staff chores and housekeeping duties as required/assigned in a thorough and efficient manner.
- Completes the Daily Log Notes accurately.
- Reports significant youth behavioral concerns to supervisor or other appropriate staff.
- Completes nightly documentation of youth behaviors in individual case files, including any calls made or received significant to youth’s case.
- Monitors and supervises daily chores, meal prep, and cleanup; assures appliances are used in a safe manner by anyone in the residence.
- Provides timely reporting of all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect to immediate supervisor.
- Completes incident reports as needed using employee manual guidelines.
- Participates actively in ongoing professional development.
- Attends monthly Casey House staff meetings.
- Handles transportation duties on occasion, as directed by Supervisor.
- Meets and participates on a regular, planned basis with the Residential Care Coordinator for supervision.
- Performs other duties assigned by Administration.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn D. Carella – HR Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: