RESIDENT CARE WORKER – PASSAGE HOUSE
• Ability to work in a crisis intervention setting.
• Valid NYS Driver’s License.
• Reliable transportation.
• Must be willing to work afternoon, midnight, weekend, and holiday shifts
• Punctuality and consistency in reporting for and covering scheduled work shifts.
• Schedule shift work in cooperation with other Resident Care Worker Staff to ensure coverage of all shifts.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from domestic violence victims; assesses crisis situations; and takes appropriate action.
- Answers calls from general public requesting information in a polite and welcoming manner.
- Conducts client intakes, including all paperwork in a legible manner, and admits clients to shelter.
- Respects client confidentiality.
- Follows all appropriate procedures upon arrival of client to be admitted, including orientating clients to Shelter physical plant and amenities; educates clients on the Shelter Guidelines and other rules/procedures; clearly presents fire safety plan; accompanies client to their assigned room; provides toilet articles.
- Documents Daily Log notes and shares other client information with incoming coverage staff, as appropriate.
- Maintains contact with Shelter clients; provides brief emotional support, as needed.
- Refers clients to social work staff for counseling issues.
- Monitors and oversees daily chores, meal preparation and cleanup, and ensures that appliances are used in a safe manner.
- Maintains a safe, comfortable environment for women and children in residence, including not leaving the residence unsupervised without supervisory approval.
- Assists Residential Services Coordinator in obtaining and storing supplies, organizing donations and in maintaining Shelter building and grounds.
- Transports clients on occasion, as directed by supervisor.
- Accompanies client on police escort or to the Department of Social Services or other agency appointments, as directed by Supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Resident Care Coordinator – Passage House
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: