RESIDENTIAL CARE WORKER – TEAM LEADER, CASEY HOUSE
QUALIFICATIONS: Associate’s Degree. Valid NYS driver’s license.
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for all youth in residence at all times.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from the public, assesses crisis situations and takes appropriate action in a polite and welcoming manner.
- Conducts intakes as needed and ensures that all admission procedures are completed in a thorough and legible manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client information, identity, and documentation.
- Introduces and orients youth to all residential procedures including HIV/AIDS precautions, child abuse recourse, fire safety, resident guidelines and other assigned tasks as directed.
- Assist the Youth Service Coordinator in providing 30, 60 and 90 day Follow Up services to youth after discharge as needed.
- Sustains availability, punctuality and consistency in reporting for scheduled work shifts to assure coverage.
- Monitor and coordinate maintenance needs to ensure a healthy and safe environment for youth in residence.
- Maintains awareness of the whereabouts and safety of all youth both residents and transitional/Drop-in Youth at Casey House at all times.
- Rotate with other program staff to provide on-call 24/7 emergency coverage.
- Refers youth to Youth Service Coordinator or Program Director for Transitional Services.
- Develop, implement and coordinate Positive Youth Development/evening activities for residents.
- Create and maintain monthly schedule assuring proper coverage ratio as required by OCFS.
- Monitor staff availability and handle all schedule concerns and changes.
- Provide, with Youth Service Coordinator/Program Director, 24 hour on-call availability by phone.
- Provide supervision to Resident Care Workers as directed by Youth Services Coordinator.
- Assist Youth Service Coordinator with disciplinary decisions regarding youth in residence who do not comply with the Casey House Placement Agreement.
- Implement and coordinate staff training and materials in compliance with OCFS requirements.
- Assist Coordinator with yearly evaluations for Resident Care Workers.
- Assist Youth Services Coordinator with staff discipline as needed.
- Monitor compliance with OCFS required yearly physical completion.
- Assists Youth Service Coordinator with case management for youth in residence as directed.
- Monitors RCW daily paperwork to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Completes incident reports as needed using employee manual guidelines.
- Participates actively in ongoing professional development as required.
- Handles transportation duties on occasion, as directed by Supervision.
- Meets on a regular, planned basis with the Youth Service Coordinator for supervision.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Youth Services
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: