RESIDENTIAL CARE WORKER – THE CRIB
QUALIFICATIONS – High School or GED. Valid NYS driver’s license.
• Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for pregnant and parenting youth and their children in residence.
• Answers incoming telephone calls from the public, assesses crisis situations and takes appropriate action in a polite and welcoming manner.
• Conducts intakes as needed and ensures that all admission procedures are completed in a thorough and legible manner.
• Maintains confidentiality of all client information, identity, and documentation.
• Introduces and orients youth to all residential procedures including HIV/AIDS precautions, child abuse recourse, fire safety, resident guidelines and other assigned tasks.
• Sustains punctuality and consistency in reporting for scheduled work shifts.
• Provides shift coverage if requested across all Runaway Homeless Youth (RHY) programs at the discretion of management.
• Maintains awareness of the whereabouts and safety of all youth and their children in residence at MGH at all times.
• Supervises and conducts recreational activities for youth and their children in residence.
• Provides short term day care service for youth and children as needed.
• Refers youth to Resident Care Coordinator or Program Director for any life planning/emotional issues.
• Performs the completion of staff chores and housekeeping duties as required/assigned in a thorough and efficient manner.
• Completes the Daily Log Notes accurately.
• Reports significant youth behavioral concerns to supervisor or other appropriate staff.
• Completes nightly documentation of youth behaviors in individual case files, including any calls made or received significant to youth’s case.
• Monitors and supervises daily chores, meal prep and cleanup; assures appliances are used in a safe manner by anyone in the residence.
• Provides timely reporting of all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect to immediate supervisor.
• Completes incident reports as needed using employee manual guidelines.
• Participates actively in ongoing professional development.
• Attends monthly program staff meetings.
• Handles transportation duties on occasion, as directed by Supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Youth Services
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: