Community Engagement Worker-Summer Internship
REPORTS TO: Kelley Swann, Vice President of Programs
The Community Engagement Worker will gain knowledge of Family & Children’s Service of Niagara’s (FACS) programs and assist in providing outreach and developing an outreach plan to engage the Eastern Niagara community . Through this position, the Community Engagement Worker will develop skills in community engagement and outreach, build a knowledge base of community resources and have a “hand’s on” opportunity to further the Mission of a Human Service Organization. This position will assist program staff with daily job duties as well as administrative staff in strategizing engagement of Eastern Niagara County with FACS programs. The addition of the Community Engagement Worker will allow FACS to a have a larger reach to the community. The community will benefit due to a greater awareness and understanding of FACS program services available and how to access those services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will be based out of FACS Lockport office of 57 Canal Street, Suite 102, with travel (with agency staff) throughout Eastern Niagara County).
- Assist programs in developing linkages with other community organizations, developing and implementing referral processes
- Assists in the development of an Eastern Niagara County outreach plan
- Provides outreach services to FACS clients and potential clients
- Promotes services in the Eastern Niagara County community
- Assists various program staff in group and presentation facilitation
- Additional duties as assigned
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Job may include working with challenging clients
- Must have valid driver license and access to personal vehicle for use during internship hours
- The overall theme of the dress code for management and office-based employees is business casual which combines the professionalism of business attire with the comfort of casual apparel.
Please send resumes to:
Kelley Swann-VP of Programs