TRANSITIONAL YOUTH SERVICES WORKER
Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services or related field. Minimum of one (1) years experience in human services and working with at-risk youth. Valid NYS driver’s license.
• Provides outreach services to transitional age youth 16-21 years.
• Promotes transitional services to community providers and within Family & Children’s Service of Niagara.
• Records and reports all outreach data as required by Resident Care Coordinator.
• Maintains organized calendar for youth groups and community provider/referral source appointments.
• Follows intake procedures for youth who are eligible and voluntarily enroll in transitional program.
• Maintains case files for long term clients as well as short term contacts as necessary.
• Conducts a needs assessment for youth and develops a service plan with youth to accomplish identified goals.
• Develops engaging activities and programming to help youth learn transitional skills.
• Meets with youth at Casey House, The CRIB, and at approved community locations in Niagara County to help youth accomplish service plan goals.
• Provides transitional services group and individual programs/topics as identified by Director of Youth Services and Residential Care Coordinator, as well as at off site locations.
• Provides dayshift coverage at Casey House shelter or The CRIB as needed.
• Facilitates outreach presentations as directed by supervisor.
• Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for runaway and homeless youth in residence as well as transitional age youth not in residence at all times, on site and off site.
• Conducts intakes when covering shifts and ensures that all admission procedures are completed, in a thorough and legible manner and maintains confidentiality of all clients both residential and non-residential.
• Introduces and orients youth to all residential procedures at Casey House and The CRIB, including HIV/AIDS precautions, child abuse recourse, fire safety, resident guidelines and other assigned tasks.
• Works with community agency referral calls and all other calls during daily service hours, including answering calls/contacts from the public and clients, assesses crisis situations, and takes appropriate action in a polite, welcoming manner.
• Is punctual and consistent in reporting for scheduled work shifts.
• Participates actively in ongoing professional development.
• Attends monthly Youth Services staff meetings.
• Handles transportation duties on occasion, as directed by Supervisor.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Youth Services
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: