STATUS: Full Time (M–F 9 am to 5 pm or 11 am to 7 pm)
LOCATION: Niagara Falls/Niagara County
REPORTS TO: Youth Services Director
- Master’s Degree in Social work or equivalent counseling program pursuing licensure
- LMSW, LMHC, Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist preferred
- One year experience in counseling children and families required
- Valid New York State Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle during working hours
- Clearance of the Justice Center Requirements: Staff Exclusions List (SEL), NYS State Central Registry for Child Abuse and Maltreatment (SCR), Criminal Background Check (CBC).
- Assess client referrals for services made by Youth Services Coordinator and Residential Care Coordinator.
- Meets with youth for initial assessment to determine need for counseling youth engaged in programming at Casey House, the CRIB, and LEAP Transitional Case Management.
- Coordinates with Collaborative Partners (YWCA of the Niagara Frontier and Community Missions) to schedule eligible youth for counseling appointments based on criteria met after completion of FACS developed/provided assessment tools.
- Meets for supervision regularly with Youth Services Director.
- Meets with Clinical Supervisor 2 times per month.
- Trained in Trauma Informed Care (TIC) and Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT) and incorporates TIC and SFBT in counseling youth.
- Participates in ongoing evaluation of client progress in individual sessions.
- Complies with agency standard of expected face to face client contact
- Provides brief therapy and/or referral for longer term counseling services.
- Maintains appropriate client records/statistics/client discharges on a timely basis.
- Responsible for tracking and collecting data on program outcomes and assists with reporting to funding bodies as necessary.
- Participates in regular case coordination with Youth Services Coordinator, Residential Care Coordinator and collaborative partner contacts for youth in care receiving counseling services
- Engages with youth family/care givers as appropriate.
- Attends and participates in appropriate program and agency
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn D. Carella – HR Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305