YOUTH SERVICES COORDINATOR – THE CRIB
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree. Valid NYS driver’s license.
- Provides ongoing crisis services, positive youth development, trauma informed care and at-risk pregnancy/parenting support and education for both pregnant adolescent females and at-risk adolescent mothers of newborns in transitional group home.
- Completes program intakes on eligible youth maintaining residential and non-residential files in compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Interviews, develops, and implements treatment plans in cooperation with individual youth.
- Provides direct services to residential and non-residential clients and their families.
- Rotates with Director and Residential manager to provide on-call 24/7 emergency coverage.
- Assesses the needs of youth and makes referrals to appropriate community agencies and resources. Advocates for youth in community and with their families.
- Maintains caseload of youth in residence in transitional home and completes 30, 60 and 90 day follow-up reports for youth after discharge from program.
- Establishes and maintains strong working relationships with referral sources and other related service providers including pregnancy and early child parenting agencies/services.
- Maintains residential and non-residential client files in compliance with regulatory agencies and completes paperwork in a timely manner. Keeps records for evaluating and statistical reporting.
- Reviews current practices to advocate for change when needed, particularly those needed by homeless pregnant adolescents and at-risk adolescent mothers.
- Participates actively in adolescent pregnancy and parenting education training.
- Teams with program staff in order to provide consistency of services.
- Meets and participated on a regular, planned basis with the Runaway Director for supervision and Healthy Families Niagara director for clinical training/oversight on pregnancy/parenting.
- Participates actively in on-going professional development.
- Handles transportation duties on occasion, as directed by Supervisor.
- Represents FACS and program in the community; conducts school and community presentations for the purpose of educating youths about program services.
- Publicizes Maternity Group Home services to youth, agencies, personnel, families, schools, etc.
- Performs other duties assigned by Administration.
- Maintains a safe and comfortable environment for adolescents/youths in residence.
- Answers incoming telephone calls from the public, assesses crisis situations and takes appropriate action in a polite, welcoming manner.
- Maintains confidentiality of all client information, identity, and documentation.
- Sustains punctuality and consistency in reporting for scheduled work shifts.
- Reports, in a timely manner, all suspected incidents of child abuse/neglect to immediate supervisor.
- Complete incident reports as needed using employee manual guidelines.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Director of Youth Services
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: