FAMILY ASSESSMENT / FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FAMILY ASSESSMENT WORKER:
• Reviews hospital or clinical records in accordance with confidentiality policies.
• Conducts interviews with parents prenatally or immediately after birth in the home to determine eligibility for the home visitation program while at the same time identifying other needs.
• Conducts and scores Kempe Assessments.
• Refers to Healthy Families Niagara Home Visiting Program or other community resources as needed.
• Completes referral forms and other forms/reports as necessary.
• Provides Community or Group presentations and outreach.
• Attends case conferences with Program Supervisors and Family Support Workers.
• Seeks out referrals from Health and Human Service Providers in the Community, assists in developing linkages with other community organizations, developing and implementing referral processes and memorandums of understanding.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER:
• Initiates and maintains regular (weekly) and long term (up to 5 years) contact/support with families.
• Visits with families primarily in their home for a minimum of one (1) hour.
• Directs family centered interventions which are strength based and directed at establishing a trusting relationship.
• Assists families in strengthening the parent-child relationship.
• Assists families in improving their skills to optimize the home environment.
• Assists families in improving the family support system.
• Increases the family’s ability to problem solve and assume the role of advocate for themselves and their children.
• Identifies and refers for contact/appointments at other supportive agencies, including health care appointments.
• Assists family in establishing goals and a plan for accomplishment of the goals.
• Assesses normal growth and development of the target child.
• Completes referral forms and other agency forms and reports as necessary.
• Assists other staff with providing Community or Group presentations and outreach.
• Attends case conferences with Program Supervisors and Family Assessment Workers.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES GENERAL:
• Assists with Program participant Support Groups, Parenting Classes, obtaining donations and any other projects assigned by your Supervisor.
• Attends and participates in CORE, wrap-around and team trainings.
• Presents Healthy Families Niagara and FACS Agency services to the community at large.
• Meets on a regular, planned basis for a minimum of two (2) hours per week with Supervisor at a regularly scheduled time.
• Maintains confidentiality of Agency.
• Performs other duties assigned by Administration.
Mail cover letter and resume to:
Family & Children’s Service of Niagara
Attn: Director of Healthy Families
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305