RESIDENT CARE WORKER PASSAGE HOUSE
STATUS: Part Time
LOCATION: Niagara Falls
REPORTS TO: Residential Care Coordinator
• High School diploma (or equivalent) required
• Valid New York State Driver’s License
• Use of a personal vehicle
• Must be willing to work afternoon, midnight, weekend and holiday shifts
• Answers incoming telephone calls from domestic violence victims; assesses crisis situations; and takes appropriate action.
• Answers calls from general public requesting information in a polite and welcoming manner.
• Conducts client intakes, including all paperwork in a legible manner, and admits clients to shelter.
• Respects client confidentiality.
• Follows all appropriate procedures upon arrival of client to be admitted, including orientating clients to Shelter physical plant and amenities; educates clients on the Shelter Guidelines and other rules/procedures; clearly presents fire safety plan; accompanies client to their assigned room; provides toilet articles.
• Documents Daily Log notes and shares other client information with incoming coverage staff, as appropriate.
• Maintains contact with Shelter clients; provides brief emotional support, as needed.
• Refers clients to social work staff for counseling issues.
• Monitors and oversees daily chores, meal preparation and cleanup, and ensures that appliances are used in a safe manner.
• Maintains a safe, comfortable environment for women and children in residence, including not leaving the residence unsupervised without supervisory approval.
• Assists Residential Care Coordinator in obtaining and storing supplies, organizing donations and in maintaining Shelter building and grounds.
• Transports clients on occasion, as directed by supervisor.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Administration.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Attn D. Carella – HR Director
1522 Main Street
Niagara Falls, NY 14305
or email to: